As part of the FCP Serves community outreach program, a team of FCP employees partnered in June 2016 with Housing Unlimited to fully renovate a two-bedroom apartment in Suburban Maryland. The apartment received upgrades to all living areas, including improvements to heating and cooling systems, electrical systems and lighting, new kitchen appliances and floors and was fully furnished and decorated for its new tenants.
Housing Unlimited is a Maryland-based non-profit that provides housing for people recovering from mental illness. Housing Unlimited also provides transitional housing for homeless people. After the renovations were completed Housing Unlimited was able to move two people, one of which had been previously homeless, into the home.
FCP extends its appreciation to the following firms for their donations and service in assisting with the project:
• East Coast Building Supply Co.
• Manders Decorating Company
• O’Connor Plumbing & Heating
• SB Floors, LLC
• Apartment Turnovers, Inc.
• Bay Lighting
• Central Wholesalers, Inc.
• Design House Kitchens & Appliances
• ROSS Renovation & Construction, LLC
• Thunderhill Electrical Contractors, Inc.