FCP℠ has published its 2018 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, providing metrics on the firm’s activities in the areas of Environmental Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Governance. To reflect FCP’s commitment to ESG leadership in real estate, FCP recently appointed Summer K. Haltli as Senior Vice President for Strategic Management and Sustainability.
Key accomplishments in 2018 include:
- 27 energy efficiency projects saving 1.1 million kwh and 500,000 therms
- 7 water efficiency projects saving 34+ million gallons
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) “Green Star” Status
- 7-point increase in GRESB score since 2017 GRESB Green Star Award
- 2 onsite after-school programs launched at two workforce housing properties
- 400+ volunteer hours served by FCP team members
- 2,000 backpacks donated through FCP Serves
- Updated Diversity and Inclusion action plan
- 91% retention rate (industry average is 82%)
- Relocation to new collaborative office space
“FCP is committed to integrating environmental sustainability, social responsibility and strong corporate governance into our daily business activities,” said Ms. Haltli. “I am particularly proud that we not only improve buildings but also improve the lives of our residents and the communities in which we invest. In 2018, we closed our fifth fund and reached $3 billion in assets under management, while also expanding our ESG programs, adding leadership in new markets, and investing in our strong, collaborative culture.”
FCP’s 2018 and 2017 ESG reports can be viewed here.
FCP℠ is a privately held real estate investment company that has invested in or financed more than $6 billion in assets since its founding in 1999. FCP invests directly and with operating partners in commercial and residential assets. The firm makes equity and mezzanine investments in income-producing and development properties. Based in Chevy Chase, MD, FCP invests both its commingled, discretionary funds and separate accounts targeted at major real estate markets in the United States. For further information on FCP, please visit www.fcpdc.com.